Thursday, December 16, 2010

Accessories

I love gadgets.  I love all kinds of gadgets and accessories.  I sometimes hide this fact from others. Those close to me know all about this affliction.  I like turning something simple, like clocking a distance that I might run in my car, and instead, buy a gadget that can calculate the time, distance (quite imperfectly, I might add) and allow me to plug in, track and share this info with the world. I really have to watch this one though since it posts the time I ran, and sometimes that includes runs during the work day..... Hi Marc (my boss).  I think there is a 12 step program for this I am sure.  I love perusing the back of Runner's World for more gadgets and go there before reading any of the articles. 

The gadgets are not just for running.  I buy cooking gadgets, some of my favorites are my silicon bands for tying up my roasts and chickens, my Silpat Baking Mats, and wireless BBQ meat thermometer that I wear like an '80s beeper on my belt.   I am an engineer, so we don't even have to go to my work gadgets, there are WAY too many of them collected over the years. I have skiing gadgets/accessories too.

I made a list for my kids of what I would really like for Christmas, and of course, most can be picked up at the local running store. Only a few more days kiddos Hint Hint....

1 comment:

  1. ...And yet, you and my lovely bride claim I'M the one with the accessory issue. Hmmmm. I'm holding firm to my belief that running is a sport of minimalism.

    But just in case, do you think I need any of those?

    ReplyDelete